Echols Dorm: Brick Wall By Side Door
North Carolina (Asheville/Boone)
4 Days of bouldering in North Carolina
Friday: Drive down to Boone
Saturday – Day 1: Hounds Ear Triple Crown (you must sign up for the competition in order to go on the trip). I will coordinate with Tommy on who wants to stay for the extended climbing
Sunday – Day 2: Somewhere else in Boone, NC
Monday – Day 3: Rumbling Bald, NC
Tuesday – Day 4: Rumbling Bald and then head home to Charlottesville
The schedule is very flexible… we may end up staying in Boone the whole time or go roped climbing one day. I’d like to know what you’re interested in doing (it has to be related to climbing) in the 2 hour radius that is boone and asheville. I’m also pretty sure that we will go into asheville and check out the town one night (hopefully this won’t required a hotel….).
Requirements: Either you need to be an experienced boulderer or an inexperienced boulderer who won’t be discouraged with 4 days of climbing.
– Warm clothes (lots of down… down jacket or lots of layers). Boone can get very cold since it is in a high elevation.
– Warm sleeping bag (you can check one out from the club, but I won’t provide this for you)
– Tent (I’ll will likely coordinate this… see the trip questions)
– Eating utensils (bowl, spoon, fork, knife, and cup)
– An entry into the Hounds Ear bouldering competition (I think it is $50)
– Sleeping pad
– Potentially money for food/lodging… I need to check the leaders manual and such based on the number of people coming… most likely the majority of food will be covered, but we will probably go out to eat sometime
– Climbing shoes and chalk (you can check this items out at a gear room if needed but I won’t get them for you)
– Water bottles (AT least 2 liters)
– A Ride
This trip description will likely change/expand as people sign up and logistics are figured out.