Echols Dorm: Brick Wall By Side Door
This will be some of the BEST day hiking offered this academic year. Join this trip and hike along some of the best the ridgelines overlooking the New River.
– Get up and relax with some hot breakfast before driving to the trail around 10am? We can expect to get 6 or so good hours of hiking in, and will return with a couple hours to spare before sunset back at base camp.
– There will be pizza and fire at base camp.
– Drivers get off the waitlist first. You will be expected to drive to/from NRGE, but some flexibility may exist as far as leaving times.
– Make sure this conflict with other trips you’ve signed up for, and/or be ready to drop before the deadline.
– Sign up for the overall NRGE carpool.
General NRGE stuff:
– You’ll need to get food for the following meals (most likely): Friday dinner/snack, Saturday breakfast/lunch/snack, and Sunday breakfast/snack.
– Leave a note in the join questions if you need assistance getting food. If need be, I’ll organize a carpool to Kroger in the days prior to NRGE.
– You’re on your own for gear, but there should be plenty of gear room sessions offered to accommodate you. Go early in the week to have the best chances at getting stuff (we historically run out of a few basic items), and be ready to spam your friends asking to borrow some if you check out gear later in the week. Message officers for off-schedule gear room requests.
-Officers will be organizing TENTS. You should not be renting out a tent from the gear room. All other gear (see above) is on you. We will hand out tents Friday at the campsite, designate a point-person for each tent, and collect them from you Sunday morning before your car is allowed to leave.
CONVENIENT GEAR LIST AT THE BOTTOM:
– Layers of clothing
– WATER (2+ liters)
– Sleeping stuff
– Food for the trip leader (i get v hungry)
– Athletic footwear (avoid cotton)
-Karl Marx’s communist manifesto, prolly idk
-basic knowledge of Black Pistol Fire’s discography bc i will be playing their new album the whole car ride in prep for their concert