Echols Dorm: Brick Wall By Side Door
Walnut Creek Park
Walnut Creek Park, Walnut Creek Park Road, North Garden, VA, USA
Hear ye, hear ye,
You are hereby invited to the illustrious Shred-festival, the Dirtbag’s-reunion, the much-revered biannual CREEKATHON!! This is a time to wallow in comradery, to fester in fun, to devour all things grilled.
For those who have never been, Creekathon is a laid-back social cookout for all you forest-children at our nearby Walnut Creek Park – we gather there for an afternoon of bonding, galivanting, and class IV shindig-ery. This is the club’s first mega-trip of the year, and just about everyone who signs up gets on!
We have a pavilion reserved to serve as the central base camp from 1:00 PM to 4:20 PM, SUNDAY SEPT. 29. Here we will eat, hammock, slackline, chill, play tunes. MANY A TRIP will depart from base camp: paddle boarding, hiking, frisbeeing, mountain biking, slack lining, kayak roll clinic-in, and more. Trip leaders, go wild – the ‘Nut is the perfect opportunity to lead a trip.
As for FOOD, the club will provide a nutritious and sustaining meal to be eaten at base camp – snacks and refreshments included. If you would like to contribute some food to the feast, you are encouraged to do so!!
“Creek-a-thon is a time when outdoorsy plebeians and proletarians, spider-monkeys and groundwellers, shrederonies and shrederinas alike come together to transcend all political and racial division and unite as one with the Gnar™.” -Thomas Shredison IV, 420 B.C.
– EVERYONE should sign up for the main carpool. (The officers will use this info to decide how much food to buy). If you are coming separately
from the mail carpool, just let us know in the signup questions.
– The main carpool will depart from Echols dorm, at 12:00. Drivers, please arrive at 11:45. Once at the ‘Nut, all trips will depart from our
**Drivers and Trip Leaders, we need you!!! If you have never led a trip before, Creekathon is perhaps the best environment to lead your first trip.
Reach out to the officers if you need trip ideas or have questions!**
– Once at the ‘Nut, everyone trips will go out from base camp throughout the day. Fret not if you need to be back to grounds early, as cars will
be coming and going regularly.
– All Creekathon trips should be posted on the website, with Creekathon in the title.
– Walnut Creek is only 20 minutes from Grounds, so gas will not be reimbursed.
Please garb yourself in appropriate attire, and bring a water bottle. If you have/play an instrument – bring it!
So, in conclusion, COME HANG!