Echols Dorm: Brick Wall By Side Door
Come hike to some of the most majestic waterfalls on the East coast then camp next to a boulder giving a 360deg view of the religious range in George Washington Forest. This hike will be incredible.
If you haven’t been backpacking before, this will make for a great intro hike. I can help with purchasing food (txt me), filling any of your gear needs, packing/adjusting your pack, and motivational speeches.
– Meet at Echols and leave at 12pm on Saturday; fill up gas
– We drive 1 hr to the parking lot ($3 entry)
– We’ll hike alongside Crabtree Falls and Crabtree Creek for most of the day, take the AT to Spy Rock where we’ll camp out for the night.
– [in reverse] see Saturday
– Return by early afternoon
– pack, sleep system, 3-4 liters of water, food/dining gear, broken in boots/sneakers, rain gear, athletic (polyester or wool) clothing for day, long underwear for night, tooth brush + toiletries (sunscreen/insect repellent), herbs and beverages, headlamp/flashlight, shelter, trecking poles
Club (I) bring:
– First aid kit, jet boil + fuel, water filter, compass, map, knife, bear bag, toilet paper/sanitation, GAS REIMBURSEMENT FOR DRIVERS
(see http://www.hikingupward.com/GWNF/CrabtreeFalls/ for details)