Echols Dorm: Brick Wall By Side Door
Trip heads up to Elizabeth Furnace for a day trip of top-rope rock climbing (beginner/intermediate/advanced). It is important that you know how to belay prior to the trip and best if you have attended at least one, previous UVA climbing trip.
Trip supports 4 people. I am not guiding this trip, but am facilitating a safe, climbing experience. Safety is a group thing, as is sharing good vibes.
WHAT WE’RE GONNA DO:
1) Drive from UVA to Elizabeth Furnace (2 hours).
2) Climb as much as we want.
3) Cool off in a nearby stream.
4) Grab some Mexican noms and margaritas (optional recovery grub).
5) Get back to UVA
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING:
– Food (enough for 5-7 hours of moderate to heavy activity)
– Water (2L) in bladder or bottles
– Climbing gear (harness, shoes, hand cocaine a.k.a. chalk). Get to a gear room.
– Change of clothes/towel for water play.
– Cash for incidentals
WHAT WE’LL BE SHARING:
– First aid kit
– Belay devices
– Rope & anchor gear
– Inappropriate, funny jokes
I’m going to watch the weather prior to this event. Rain should clear out on Friday to allow 24+ hours of dry prior to our climb.