Echols Dorm: Brick Wall By Side Door
Trip heads over to Hidden Rocks for a day trip of top-rope rock climbing (beginner/intermediate+). Open to 6 people provided I have a second driver. Let me know if you are willing to drive per the questionnaire (club reimburses for gas).
I am not guiding this trip, but am facilitating a safe, climbing experience.
N.B.: I’m going to be off-the-grid until the evening of 8/28 /15 (Friday). At or just after that time, I will be transitioning people from the waitlist and coordinating driver status.
WHAT WE’RE GONNA DO:
1) Drive from UVA to Harrisonburg/Hidden Rocks (1+ hour)
2) Climb 4-6 hours
3) Get back to UVA
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING:
– Water (2L) in bladder or bottles
– Backpack to carry your portion of group gear (20+ L)
– Climbing gear (harness, shoes, chalk/chalk bag). Get to a gear room. It is your responsibility to obtain these items prior to departure.
– Good approach shoes (30 min. trek from car to crag)
– Cash for incidentals
WHAT WE’LL BE SHARING:
– First aid kit
– Belay devices
– Rope & anchor gear
– High 5s