Echols Dorm: Brick Wall By Side Door
It has been said many a time that making cookies “isn’t outdoorsy” and “doesn’t count as a trip.” No more! Join me in breaking barriers and making cookies (dough)** on humpback as we watch the sunrise. I will also bring Oreos for people who can’t have the cookies we make.
~~ Here’s The Plan ~~
5:15 Meet at Echols
5:20 Divvy the goods and depart for the peaks
6:00 Arrive at Humpback and begin the climb
6:45 (ish) reach the summit
6:50 mix up the cookies
7:06 smile at the sun while we eat our cookie dough
7:20 head back down
7:55 (ish) arrive back at the cars
8:30 back in Cville well before 9:30 classes
~~ You will need ~~
– A day pack to carry some of the cookie ingredients (teamwork makes the dream work!!)
– Sturdy shoes
– l a y e r s
– A blanket if you’re about that life
– 1-2L of water
– A hot drink if you so desire
– $2 to help pay for cookie ingredients (you may not have to pay the whole $2)
** Consuming raw or undercooked meats, poultry, seafood, shellfish or eggs may increase your risk of foodborne illness. Anna Cuddeback and Outdoors at UVa assume no responsibility for your decision to consume raw eggs in our cookie dough.
The cookie recipe I’ll be using contains
– Baking soda
– Sugar (brown and white)
If you have a serious allergy to any of these PLEASE let me know.
~~ Drivers ~~
– We love and need your (car) driving ability!
– Club pays for gas + 50% tip! (must have a full tank when we leave)
– Drivers get priority off the waitlist