Echols Dorm: Brick Wall By Side Door
I want to get out for a sunrise one more time before the end of semester, and I want you all to join me.
But Anna, you say. Don’t you have a final for CS 2150 today?
Yes. Yes I do. But this is more important.
~ Here’s the plan ~
– Leave Echols NO LATER THAN 4:20 am
– Get to trailhead around 5:05
– Start hiking no later than 5:15
– 30 to 45ish minute hike up depending on how fast you hike
– 6:00 am reach the summit
– 6:09 one last sunrise pic for the insta!!
– 6:14 hike back to the cars
– 6:45 am depart trailhead and arrive back to Charlottesville around 7:30. Enough time for a nap before 9:00am finals!!!
~ You will need ~
– 1-2L of water
– A headlamp or flashlight (headlamp strongly encouraged)
– Snacks if you want those
– Light layers bc it may still be chilly out
This trip is going to be ~50% first-come first-serve and ~50% waitlist relief. I.e., half the people will be people that sign up early and half will be people that have gone on the fewest trips or been waitlisted the most.
~ Drivers ~
– We love and need your (car) driving ability!
– Club pays for gas + 50% tip! (must have a full tank when we leave)