Echols Dorm: Brick Wall By Side Door
Note: I forgot to make it explicit that this is a *backpacking* trip. Also, please ignore my profile on the website and instead contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 757-630-7971.
Objective – The goal of this trip give each attendee the confidence to lead their own 2-3 day backpacking trips. Whether you are currently a trip leader or not, feel free to sign up. All levels of experience are welcome.
“Activities” – This trip will take place on the weekend of March 26-27. I expect the hike will require somewhere between 24-30hrs and cover about 14 miles round trip with some reasonable terrain gain. On a weekday evening before the trip (arranged via doodle poll), I will give a 1.5 hr presentation at my house, going over:
– orienteering & planning a trip
– the outdoors club portal
– gear needs
– trail food
– trail etiquette and leave no trace
– how to avoids the bears
DRIVERS, as usual, get off the waitlist first.
– gear (we’ll go over a lot of this, but make sure you can carry 3+ liters of water, have shoes with good support)
– food (3000-5000 calories)
– polyester clothing, rain gear
– personal use outdoors club gear as needed: tents, sleeping bags, hammocks, sleeping pads, packs, headlamps
– crew gear: knife, ignition, stove, first aid kit, maps, compass, bear bag
– gas reimbursement for drivers