Echols Dorm: Brick Wall By Side Door
Peak Experiences (Richmond Location) Climbing Gym
I just learned how to lead climb and I’m absolutely PUMPED to put my new skills to the test. Come pregame the Duke game with me at Peak in Richmond.
Haven’t climbed at Peak before? That’s okay! Just fill out this waiver to make the process go more smoothly once we get there. Less time doing paperwork = more time sending it.
~~ Here’s the deal ~~
8:45am – Meet at Echols
10:00am – Arrive at peak right when it opens
2:15pm – Leave peak
3:45ish – Arrive back in CVille just in time to book it to JPJ for the game
~~ You Will Need ~~
– $10 for a day pass
– Harness (Can get from gear room or rent)
– Chalk bag (Can get from gear room or rent)
– Belay device if you wanna do that
– Some good tunes
– Food for snacks / lunch
– Water (hydrate or dydrate)
~~ Drivers ~~
– We love and need your (car) driving ability!
– Club pays for gas + 50% tip! (must have a full tank when we leave)
~~ The Waitlist ~~
– Drivers get priority off the waitlist
– I will do what I need to do to make sure we have a group of roughly >= 50% belayers so we can get as many people climbing as possible.
I will be taking the lead test at peak, and then hopefully continuing to lead climb for the rest of the time we are there. While I’d normally spend about 1/2 my time belaying people that can’t, I probably won’t do that this time. If you sign up, I can’t guarantee that you’ll get a lot of real-live-person belay time. However, I encourage you to come take advantage of the bouldering and autobelays 🙂