Rock Spot Southie: 30 Old Colony Ave, Boston, MA
Boylston Boston Burger Co.: 1100 Boylston St, Boston, MA 02215
Are you home for the Hoolidays? Do you live in Boston? COME CLIMBING WITH US!
John Cooney (the trip co-leader) and I are itching to get on a wall, so we’ll be hitting up the Rock Spot climbing gym in South Boston on January 4th. Also, if you haven’t heard, Boston Burger Co. sells its 420 burger for just $4.20 between 4:20pm and 5:20pm on weekdays (yes, this is for real). Once we finish climbing, we’re going to be heading across town to take advantage of this blazin’ deal!!
Also, if it’s your first time going to rock spot, please sign the waiver before we go! You can find it here: https://bit.ly/2zrYXlD
~ Here’s the plan ~
– 12:00pm meet up at Rock Spot
– Climb for a few hours
– 3:45pm depart for Boston Burger Co. via Red Line
– 4:20pm arrive at Boston Burger and get the 420 burger for $4.20
– 5:20pm everyone gets themselves home because we are adulting !!
~ What you need ~
– A way to get to the rock gym: car, Charlie Card (iykyk), or cash for the T are all acceptable
– $16 and a student ID for a student day pass, or $18 if you don’t have ID
– climbing shoes and harness, or money to rent them
– $$ for getting from Rock Spot to Boston Burger
– $4.20 + tip for buying burgers
– 1-2L of water
– UVA fanny pack (if applicable)
– Outerwear sufficient for braving the Boston cold while we go to our secondary location
– A signed Rock Spot Waiver (link earlier in this description)
~ Addresses ~
– Rock Spot: 30 Old Colony Ave, Boston, MA 02127
– Boston Burger: 1100 Boylston St, Boston, MA 02215
~ Transportation Information ~
This trip is going to be pretty informal, so we’re not going to be organizing rides. The rock gym is in Boston and a 9 minute walk form the Broadway Red Line stop, and Boston Burger is around the corner from the Hynes Convention Center Green Line stop. Therefore, we highly encourage taking advantage of Boston’s *excellent* public transportation. It’s better at rush hour, and better for the environment! If you have any questions about navigating the T, just text me! I’m a public transportation ninja and have been taking the T since before I could walk so I would be happy to help!