Echols Dorm: Brick Wall By Side Door
Bearfence Mountain Trail
Because my trip got canceled last week, we are coming back for round two! Here’s the same trip description as last week:
With some fresh snow on the mountains last week (still true!), we are looking at some prime sunrise hiking. Humpback had a silly road closure (and is incredibly icy) so this is possibly the next best thing. I also love hot cocoa on hikes so what better way to enjoy it then with the sunrise and some fresh snow. I will be supplying the hot cocoa and the hot water, but if anyone wants to bring something else they are more than welcome to.
Bearfence Mountain Trail is a 1 mile loop that should take no time at all to hike. It should allow for optimal views and little effort (yay!)
The run down:
5:40am – Meet at Echols
5:45am – Get outta dodge
6:45am – Get to the trailhead
7:14am – Watch the sun rise and let it warm our bodies
7:30ish – Realize we are out of snacks and need some real breakfast
9am- Be back in time for someone with a 9am to run to class
You will want to dress in some layers. It will be a little cold while we are hiking and I don’t want anyone to solely rely on the sun to thaw them out
What you need:
– Headlamp (maybe??)
– Water (something for hot cocoa)
– Good shoes
– Some new tunes for my ears
– A cup if you want hot cocoa
– Layers and a beanie made with love
– If more drivers signup, then I can add more people, but I can only take a total of 4
– Drivers get priority off the waitlist. The club reimburses for gas +50% tip!
– Drivers need to show up to Echols with a full tank of gas!