Dell 1, Room 105
Dell 1, Room 105
University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, USA
So you’re super stoked to get outside, and you can’t wait to just SEND IT BRAH…..but… there’s a waitlist………oof………..sad day.
The BEST way to get around waitlists and start adventuring whenever you want is to LEAD YOUR OWN TRIPS!!! Trip leaders are the backbone of this Club (no lie), and leading your own trips allows you to truly choose your own adventure.***If you’re new to the out of doors, sweet! No experience necessary***
At the Workshop, we’ll go through everything you need to become a Trip Leader with the Club. It’s so easy that you could do it, with your eyes closed….while patting your head….and rubbing your tummy….and hopping on one foot….you get the point. You can lead trips while looking as laid back as those goofs in the trip photo.
The workshop is 1 short hour for endless years of adventures at UVA. You do the math. Seriously, someone has to, cuz I can’t.
WHY become a Trip Leader? (Psssh cuz it’s cool—duh)
– Get to hang out where you want and when you want with your fellow Outdoorsy friends
– Get to make (and leave others with) unforgettable memories
– Gain valuable leadership experience
– Lead 4 trips and get your dues fully reimbursed!
– Lead 3 trips and apply to be an officer!
– Get reimbursed for Park passes and WFA certifications
– “Trip Leader” makes you sound super official
– Dell 1, Room 105
– YOU. Anyone in the club can lead trips!
– Technically, to become a trip leader, you can also read the Trip Leader’s Manual on our website. Then you can email the officers saying you’ve done so and would like trip leader privileges. But, the workshop is an easy alternative that allows for questions and hanging out. Also, the officers leading this workshop are seasoned, battle-scarred, and grizzly veteran trip leaders with lots of tips and advice — come and we shall bestow wisdom upon thou.
-We’ll also be bringing the merch— FREE T-Shirts, $20 bucket hats, and $10 Hoo-Rags.
-your lovely selves 🙂
-any questions ya got
-ummmm, I accept tips in the form of cookies?
Yup. Be there.