Echols Dorm: Brick Wall By Side Door
***REACH ME at email@example.com or 757-630-7971***
Pitch: This Saturday, come stretch your legs, meet some fellow adventurers, and see the beautiful high mountain meadow of Cold Mountain while it’s just cool mountain. We’ll catch sunset and sunrise at one of the prettiest campsites in all of Virginia and make it back to grounds in time for you to finish your weekend reading. Forecast is looking includes highs around ONLY 80 DEG with a low close to 60.
The List: ALL experience levels welcome!
Drivers: Get off the waitlist first. Gas is paid for by the club with a 50% tip on top of this figure
Sat 11am – leave dorms promptly with full tanks of gas
Sat 1pm – hit the trail (5.5 miles for the mt pleasant loop + 2.9 of cold mt = 8.4 mi day 1)
Sat 7:45pm – watch spectaular sunset
Sun 6:45am – earlybirds catch the sunrise
Sun 8am – hit the trail
Sun 12pm – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKsL90gkbNY#t=1m19s
– Hammock/Tent (will be shared)
– Sleeping bag + pad
– Boots or well supported athletic shoes
– clothing for a cool evening (low forecasted to be 58-60deg)
– rain gear
– 3-4 liters water carrying capacity (NO LESS)
– byob (drank may be picked up from cars between loops)
– food (boiling water will be available)
– dining ware
– snacks for the trip leader
– Please note: For many trips, you’ll be expected to check out your own gear from gear room before leaving from Echols. This time around, I’ll take care of any needed backpacks, tents, sleeping bags, sleeping pads, or headlamps.