Field next Ohill dining hall
Kellogg House, McCormick Road, Charlottesville, VA, USA
The motivations behind this trip are two-fold :
I aspire to be more like Anna Cuddeback, our fearless leader, who hosted a Kellogg sunrise trip that knocked my socks off SO I am now leading a similar trip so’ins I can inspire others in her vision. Imitation is the best form of flattery @Anna Cuddeback ???
Though I am a firm believer that few things are worth waking up at this ungodly hour for, this is definitely one of them. Sunrise is a most excellent, tranquil, healing sort of time of day that is oft overlooked as we are all just desperate for an extra 30 seconds of sleep if we can get it… so let’s take a morning to pay our fiery celestial epicenter and the new beginnings it represents the attention that it deserves.
– Meet on the Ohill field roundabouts 6am
– We will walk up to the Kellogg Mtn Meadow together
– Watch the sun rise until our hearts are content (7 ish ?)
– Return to our 8ams or our beds or otherwise go about our days feeling Grown Up™ for waking up before the sky
– The layers you deem appropriate (check the temps!)
– Coffee or tea if that’s your thing
– Snacks? Waking up early makes me hOngry
– Blanket or towel to sit on if you don’t want to be dewy
– Mask Mask Mask
– Proof of negative covid test