Corner Of Echols Dorm
Also Corner of Echols Dorm
Milam Gap Parking, Stanley, VA, USA
This is a 7.3 mile loop with over 1,300 feet of elevation gain. Along the route, we should see waterfalls, Camp Rapidan (President Herbert Hoover’s getaway retreat), and views from Hazeltop/Jones Mountain. This should be a fairly strenuous, most-of-the-day hike with three stream crossings, but I anticipate a moderate pace with plenty of breaks.
– 8 AM: Meet and leave from grounds.
– 9:30 AM: Arrive at trailhead and begin hiking.
– 2 PM: Return to the trailhead and drive back.
– 3:30 PM: Return to grounds.
What to Bring:
– Water (4+ Liters).
– Comfortable hiking shoes/boots.
– Weather-appropriate attire (it will be chilly).
– Trail lunch and snacks.
*DRIVERS WILL GET PRIORITY OFF THE WAITLIST!!* I will be driving but having another driver will allow us to have a group of up to 8 people. Anyone willing to drive will receive priority off the waitlist along with full gas reimbursement and a 50% tip. I will also give priority to someone with a Shenandoah National Park pass assuming we find another driver.