Echols Dorm: Brick Wall By Side Door
Walnut Creek Park
Greetings, Comrades in Creekathon!
As you all know, this weekend is Creekathon2.0 — a full day of recreation and hanging out at Walnut Creek Park — which I have heard is an ideal occasion to try your hand at something new! So if you are a beginner at mountain biking, or if you have yet to experience this beautiful sport, please, have no fear or worries. This is the trip for you.
Walnut Creek has a ton of entry-level trails, making it the ideal environment to learn some bike skills
You should bring:
– A helmet (this is required, and the clubhouse has loaner helmets if you don’t own one yourself)
– Water (1 to 2 liters is fine)
– Appropriate athletic clothing
– A snack or two
The general plan:
– We’ll convene at Echols, load up our bikes, and go
– Once at the ‘nut, we’ll go over some basic skills (bike positioning, etc.)
– Ride some easy trails
– If anyone wants to try their hand at more advanced stuff (known colloquially as “sending it”,) we’ll do that as well.
– I need drivers with bike racks in order to make this trip happen!! For this reason, I’m going to waitlist everyone until drivers sign up.
– Since the previous creekathon mtb trip was canceled due to weather, the prior attendees of that trip will get priority