Rays Camp Ground, Sunday Road, Hico, WV, USA
Come join some club alumni/OGs on a long day of hiking! This will be a long day with 4.20-6.9+ hours of hiking roughly 10-12 miles in the Fayetteville Area (https://www.nps.gov/neri/planyourvisit/fayetteville-area-hiking-trails-map.htm). The itinerary we have planned may change, but it should be something along the lines of:
1. Leaving camp at around 8am (I’m driving) and parking at Long Point trail head off of Newton Rd.
2. Hiking the Long Point Trail (out and back total ~3 miles)
3. Hiking the Fayetteville Trail turning around at the Bridge Trail Viewpoint (out and back total ~8 miles)
4. Returning to camp for pizza
Note that this will be a fairly strenuous hike, so please join at your discretion.
** You Bring **
– Lots of food
– Water (at least 2 liters)
– Layers+Rain Gear
– Hiking boots/sturdy shoes
Please join the general NRGE carpool if you make it off the waitlist for this trip. Remember that this trip is free, but there is a $10 fee for the main trip.