New River Gorge National Park, Glen Jean, WV, USA
I hope you will join me on what I believe to be one of the most beautiful and popular hikes at NRG! It passes through the forest, over a small creek, and extends zig zagging along the cliff edge offering amazing views of the gorge and bridge from 1000 feet up! We may even get a glimpse of some rock climbers and/or whitewater rafters going down the New River. The hike is a moderate 2.4 mile walk so all skill levels are welcome!
Date/time – Saturday, November 6 / ~11:00 am
– Meetup at Ray’s campground around 11:00 am and plan to head out by 11:15
– Drive the 10-15ish minutes to the trail head parking lot
– Take our time along the hike, stopping roughly halfway along one of the cliff edges to take in the view and for snacks/pics
– Arrive back to the cars by 1ish and drive back to the campsite
– Should arrive back around 1:30 pm
– tennis/hiking shoes
– Snacks (personal preference)
General NRGE info:
If you are added to this hike you MUST join the main carpool/campsite adventure entitled “NRGE 2021 : MAIN CARPOOL.” This is how rides will be coordinated to and from the campground. Also make sure to read all the information about the trip as it includes information about camping arrangements, food, and items to bring. There is no fee associated with this specific hike but to attend NRGE there is a $10 fee.
As my 2 door can only transport 4 people at most (depending on passenger height) drivers are NEEDED and will get priority off the waitlist!