Rend Trail, Oak Hill, WV, USA
hi! a last minute hike for this weekend!
this is not an easy hike, its a little over 9 mi with 1,030 ft elevation gain, but it’s supposed to be super pretty with great views and BRIDGES! fun!
my iten is as follows:
8:00 am wake up get stuff ready and drive to trailhead
8:35 am get to trailhead and start hiking!
8:35-4~4:30ish pm hike the loop and eat snacks and lunch on the trail
5 pm get back to camp
** this is a rough estimate, it all depends on how slow/fast we wanna hike!
what you need to bring:
2 full waterbottles
layers! warm layers and rain layers!
sturdy shoes to hike in
a good hearty lunch and snacks (I get hungry hiking ill prob bring a decent amount of snacks :-))
a backpack of sorts to carry your stuff
~optional~ a camera of sorts
– this hike doesn’t cost any money; but reminder that the NRGE carpool is $10 and that you MUST sign up for that SEPARATELY//AFTER becoming an adventurer on this (or any other) trip.
– Pay CLOSE ATTENTION to the information listed on the main carpool and the NRGE announcement for information about necessary supplies/food/etc so that you are prepared to have a great weekend 🙂
– AGAIN, SIGN UP FOR THE NRGE CARPOOL AFTER GETTING ON THIS (OR ANY OTHER) TRIP!
Plug for potential drivers (I need you):
– Gas is completely reimbursed for the weekend, plus the tip (max $20)
– Hard copies of all receipts are required to get your money back
More info on the trail: