Ray's Campground (Hico, WV)
New River Gorge
SORRY IM POSTING THIS SO LATE
join me for a laid-back day of beginner friendly climbing on the Sunday of NRGE. all levels of experience welcome!
– wake up Sunday morning, shake off the after-effects of Saturday night’s jam sesh
– pack up ALL camp gear (we will not be returning), aim to leave Ray’s by 9:30
– hit up whatever toprope-friendly crag strikes our fancy (maybe Junkyard, maybe Bridge wall, maybe Summersville if we have sport leaders/belayers)
– climb and such
– aim to leave around 3? plan get back to cville in time to half-ass your homework for Monday
– right now I have to cap the trip at 4 people including myself unless we get more drivers
– we will be leaving DIRECTLY from the crag to head back to cville, meaning you will have to be able to pack everything up Sunday morning
– preference will be given to members who have ALREADY taken the intro to climbing workshop. if we have more spots left over, I will try to lead a workshop before NRGE to accommodate that
– if we have more drivers sign up, I can expand the trip up to 8 people
– make sure that this trip does not conflict with another NRGE trip you may have signed up for; and be CERTAIN to drop before the deadline if you get off the waitlist for a different trip or something. a lot of people want to attend NRGE and it’s not nice to hog spots!
– after you have JOINED this trip (not waitlisted) be sure to join the overall NRGE carpool
general NRGE stuff:
– you’ll need to get food for the following meals (most likely): Friday dinner/snack, Saturday breakfast/lunch/snack, and Sunday breakfast/lunch/snack.
– we are bringing ALL the climbing gear up to NRGE. don’t worry about getting harnesses/ATCs/etc.
– you’re on your own for other camping gear (sleeping bags, sleeping pads, headlamps, etc.). make it to a gear room.
-officers will be organizing TENTS. you should not be renting out a tent from the gear room. we will hand out tents Friday at the campsite, designate a point-person for each tent, and collect them from you Sunday morning before your car is allowed to leave.