Your Comfy Bed
Bent Creek Experimental Forest, North Carolina, USA
Mountain biking?!? In Pisgah!! Sign me up!
Pisgah North Carolina is home to some of the best east coast riding that I’m stoked to explore with y’all. The plan is to ride about 20 miles with 2500-3000 feet of elevation gain and potential for an extra lap on some trails if everyone is feeling up for it. Here are the trails we will link together (mandatory reading!!):
This trail will cover challenging terrain but we are doing less mileage and elevation gain than the Phillip mtb trips at Pisgah so this is an intermediate/advanced trip. If you have any questions or concerns about the trip feel free to reach out to me at (703) 862-7391.
This trip is part of the larger Pisgah trip. We will not be starting in cville. Rather, we will start at camp and drive out to Bent Creek Experimental Forest for the day. If you are added to this trip, please join the main Pisgah carpool (https://outdoorsatuva.org/adventure/pisgah-pisgah-main-trip/). You will not be let off the waitlist for this trip if you do not join the main Pisgah trip.
Once we finish the ride we will be driving back to cville and plan to get back around 7-8pm just in time for a Sunday night homework grind sesh. Keep in mind that unforeseen delays can happen on mountain bike trips, so I highly recommend against scheduling anything important Sunday evening.
You should bring:
– Phone with MTBProject downloaded, with the North Carolina region downloaded within the app
– Water: 2-3L capacity (we can put a bottle cage on each bike; let us know if you want this)
– Food: lunch, snacks (obviously all the other food you’ll need for the weekend, but you don’t have to bring it with you on this specific trip)
– Appropriate clothing and footwear: it can be cold this time of year, dress in layers suitable for riding — you should at absolute minimum have a raincoat, a lightweight, long-sleeved shirt or jacket with you in case we’re out past sunset, and also a jacket you can leave in the car
– gloves are strongly recommended for keeping the fingers working in chilly temps and protecting your hands from scrapes if you fall – $10 Mechanix work gloves are great
– a bag to carry your water and food: the club has some daypacks and hip packs if you need one (let me know in the questionnaire)
– everything else you need for the weekend
– Bike rack(s)
– Pumps, tools, etc
Driver(s) needed! I don’t have a car, so this trip can’t happen without a driver – drivers get priority off the waitlist and gas reimbursement + 50% tip! Please let me know about your bike carrying abilities if you have a car.