*THIS TRIP HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO LACK OF INTEREST.
Re-announcing… after looking at the responses I was getting, it seems that it may be in the best interest to stuff more people in. My original price assessment was based on an assumption of 17 people. With 24 people, we can knock the price down to 100 on the dot. It will be EXTREMELY cramped at this number and about half the people will not be able to sleep on beds and will require something to sleep on such as a blow up mattress or sleeping pad or really whatever you can find. This should be more reasonable I hope.
Everyone hates exams, its true. They stress people out, make people stay up late at night, and generally piss people off. The best remedy for such a thing is an epic trip to Snowshoe Mountain. If you have never been skiing or snowboarding with the club before, let me explain how amazing these trips are. We get there the first night, play some games, go to sleep. Wake up early in the morning, board (or ski for you pansies) all day, come back, nap, someone cooks an amazing meal, sleep, rinse, and repeat. It is fun, you will meet some of the most amazing people and love this trip. Some of my best friends at UVa I met first year skiing with the club.
Take a chance and do something special with the club.
NO PRIOR EXPERIENCE OR SKILL IS REQUIRED FOR THIS TRIP. Just be awesome and be willing to have fun.
If you know how to cook something awesome and would like to volunteer to cook one of the nights we are there, please email me after you join the adventure with EVERYTHING you need to cook for the alloted amount of people.
• We will leave from Bonnycastle Circle at 7:00 am on Wednesday, December, SKi/Board, check into lodging
• Ski/Board Thursday
• Ski/Board Friday
• Ski/Board Saturday
• Check out of the cabin on Sunday morning and then ski/board on Sunday before heading back around 5:00 pm or so.
WHAT THE CLUB COVERS:
• Gas money + 30% tip for drivers to cover the car wash.
• Food (breakfasts and dinners explicitly, though peanut butter and jelly or something will be available for lunches)
• $5 per night per person for lodging.
WHAT YOU NEED TO COVER:
• Money for lift tickets if you were boneheaded enough to not get a season pass. $55 per day.
• Money for gear rental if you need it. $30 per day, last i checked. For season-long rentals check out Freestyle.
• Money for lunch in case you don’t like what’s provided.
• Lots of layers
• Waterproof jacket and pants
• Extra socks
• Bathing suit, our place has a hot tub
This is the place I am looking at booking: http://secure.instantsoftwareonline.com/stayusa/wfrmPropertyDetail.aspx?PropertyIDFK=344353&coid=1707&CheckInDTM=12/16/2009&Nights=4
The price per person will be $100. That will cover our housing. This is based on the number of people who signed up. Pretty much everything else is paid for by the club. I will be covering the housing payment and will be collecting money from you. You do not gaurantee yourself a spot on the trip until you pay me. The first 20 people to pay me get on the trip. Your payment is non-refundable unless you find someone to take your place. If the number of people change, this is really not an issue, it will fill up I just need to put this here to cover my ass, the price will be changed and you will be notified accordingly.
Please do not sign up unless you are 95-100% sure you are coming.
I know this trip starts with 2 exam days left, if you have an exam on one of those days and still want to attend the trip, please let me know and we will figure out a way to get you there!
I will not cash any checks until I’m sure we have enough people to do this.
If you have any questions please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org