Corner Of Echols Dorm
Hey, you! Jump out of a plane! Do it soon, like two weeks from now.
(Remember when you were younger, and parental lessons about peer pressure always featured the example of – “if little Jimmy jumped off a cliff would you do it too?”) (And you were like “YEAH, that Jimmy is a sweeet dude!”)
October – in with Skydiving, out with Trick-or-Treating. What A Sweet Month!!
Usually a first jump (tandem) costs about $250. If we can get a group of 15 Club-members to go, we can knock that down to about $204.
Skydive Orange is the premier jump outfitter in the top half of Virginia. They will show you how it’s done, and you will get to jump tandem with one of their expert instructors. If you have jumped before, you have the option of static (solo, no free-fall) jumping for $125.
The most important conditions:
1. you impulsively agree right now and give a $50 deposit really soon (by next Wednesday, either put it an envelope in the Club Mailbox, meet me at the Monday 5:30 gear room time, or meet me at another time I will designate)
2. be abel to read and write English (much legal paperwork); weigh under 220 lbs; bring a Drivers License (or other photo/DOB ID)
3. Jump Day we arrive on time, even if the weather looks shady (if the weather is shady they don’t refund the deposit, but to give you priority rescheduling.)
4. tell your friends. don’t tell you mother.
5. get pumped get pumped
6. what to wear – http://www.skydiveorange.com/faq.htm#wear
7. other first-jump info – http://www.skydiveorange.com/1stjump.htm
The Club provides the Car.
You provide the Courage.