Last year was a HUGE success with the Snowshoe pass. We were up at the mountain most every weekend with most trips costing around $20-30 bucks for food and lodging for the whole weekend. It was cheaper for me to stay and ride a weekend in Snowshoe, WVa than it was to live and eat in Charlottesville. Plus with the pass, I could ride on Sundays for half a day before returning to cville and not have to buy a whole day pass.
Snowshoe day lift tickets usually run at $72 a pop, so the $300 college season pass sounded like a good deal. $300 is already 40% off the $500 regular price for a season pass.
Why settle for 40% off?
Since the club is so awesome and so is Snowshoe’s marketing director, we’re being offered season passes for $249, which is the same price it was last year. That’s 50% OFF a season pass! A real season pass – with all the perks and discounts associated with a full-priced one.
Those of you who have been to Snowshoe know how sick it is and need no other explanation. For those of you who haven’t been let me extol on the virtues of Snowshoe.
Wintergreen is close by. It’s our home mountain, we’ve gotta show it love. It’s 45 minutes away and perfect for learning and going a few times a week after classes. Unfortunately, Wintergreen is also small, icy, and small.
Snowshoe compared to Wintergreen
Number of Trails: 60 vs 26 (really it’s more like 20)
Annual Snowfall: 180in vs 35in
Skiable Area: 234 acres vs 129 acres
Chairlifts: 14 vs 5
Bottom Line: Learn at wintergreen, and then ride Snowshoe.
97% of my ideas are good, and 20% are gold, this falls squarely in Platinum. You want this pass. Trust me.
THERE ARE SOME CHANGES TO THE PASS THIS YEAR!!!
The price remains $249, but our Snowshoe rep has informed us of many changes.
1. In the past, we’ve done pass sales through the mail or in person. This year, all season pass sales will happen online or over the phone. The website and phone numbers are listed below in the recap.
2. The college pass is available ONLY OCTOBER 1st–OCTOBER 31ST. There are NO EXCEPTIONS! You must order online or on the phone in the month of October or you’re SOL.
3. Snowshoe is offering ONE FREE COMPANION LIFT TICKET with each pass sale. That’s a one day lift ticket you can give to your honeybunny or whoever doesn’t have a season pass if they want to go to Snowshoe for the day. Awesome, right?
4. Snowshoe is cracking down. They will be checking college pass sales against our club member list – that means if you’re not a Outdoors member, you cannot get this rate. If you have a friend who wants a season pass and they’re not a member of the club, don’t bother passing on this info and telling them just to do it anyway. They may join the club, but I have to give Snowshoe an entire member list by OCTOBER 15TH so that’s the deadline.
5. Snowshoe is also cracking down on college passes being for college students only. According to our most recent communication, you MUST have a current student ID to collect your pass. If you do not have a dated student ID, you MUST bring a class schedule or other dated school material to prove you are a student. This sucks because we have many members who are not students, and this pass has been available to them in the pass. I will talk to Snowshoe about this, but for now, it sounds like our professors/community members may not be able to take part in this awesomeness 🙁 🙁 I’ll keep everyone updated if I hear anything else.
– 2011.2012 Price: $249
– Available online at www.snowshoemtn.com/tickets/passes/index.htm or by calling 877-441-7386
– Available ONLY from Oct 1st to Oct 31st (NO exceptions)
– Each club member purchasing a pass will receive a FREE Companion Lift Ticket (good all season, no blackout dates)
– Purchasing process is as simple as going online to: http://www.snowshoemtn.com/tickets/passes/index.htm and clicking “Purchase Online” between Oct 1st and Oct 31st. Or you can call 877-441-4386.
Snowshoe season passes mean unlimited skiing/riding all year as well as:
20% off Snowshoe lodging
10% off at Snowshoe-owned restaurants
10% off at Snowshoe-owned retail stores
$25 discount on lift tickets at other Intrawest Resorts—Winter Park, Steamboat, Stratton, Tremblant
I stole most of this description from the magnificent Brian Tai for the past three years, but it’s still applicable and highly indicative of the awesomeness of Snowshoe.