This dynamic 9 day trip gives you the chance to see a cloudforest, an active volcano and some of Costa Rica’s superb Pacific beaches and wildlife.
March 5 or 6: Arrive San Jose, the capital city of Costa Rica. Check into our hotel and enjoy the city.
March 7, 8: La Fortuna / Arenal. La Fortuna, at the foot of Arenal Volcano, is an excellent base for area explorations. You can take a night hike around the base of the Arenal Volcano for an unforgettable adventure.
March 9, 10: Monteverde. From the Central Valley into the cool, misty mountain air of the Monteverde Cloud Forest, we travel by horse from Lago Arenal up the alluring green mountain trail to Monteverde.
March 11, 12: Quepos / Manuel Antonio National Park. Quepos is a port town, just a few minutes’ drive from Manuel Antonio National Park. The park is well known for its white sand beaches and exuberant wildlife.
March 13: San Jose. A day’s travel on local buses takes us back to the capital, San Jose, in time to head out for one final night on the town.
March 14: Return to Charlottesville.
– Maximum # of attendees: 12
– There will be a fun tour guide who speaks both English and the local language
– Base price: ($605 minus 8% discount) = $556.60 plus a payment of $100 upon arrival in Costa Rica. If you arrive on March 5th instead of March 6th, add $25 for the extra hotel night. Travel insurance is required, cost is about $25. Airfare should be between $350 and $700. Outdoors at UVa will pay for the rides between Charlottesville and the airport and airport parking if there is carpooling.
– For additional information and fees, please surf to:
– Safety: For questions on trip safety, please see: http://www.intrepidtravel.com/safety.php and click on the “United States” link.
– Health: For travel health advisories, please surf to: http://www.cdc.gov/travel/camerica.htm
– Passport: If you don’t have a valid passport, please surf to http://travel.state.gov/passport_services.html
– Visa: Not required for U.S. citizens
– This trip is organized and led by Intrepid Travel and it’s local partner, G.A.P Adventures
– QUESTIONS AND SIGN-UP: After having reviewed all of the information and links above, email Matt at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, or to sign up. Sign up early to guarantee your spot. The maximum number of participants is 12, and if we don’t fill up all 12 spots then some other young, fun international people probably will. If this adventure says “not filled” it might actually be full from others having signed up.