Echols Dorm: Brick Wall By Side Door
Drivers get priority!
Everyone is wait listed until we get rides.
Let’s get out this weekend to enjoy the snow and crisp January air! Highlights of this trip will include streams/waterfalls, the frigid arctic conditions, and an extremely cute Labrador retriever who loves to play fetch in the snow. We’ll leave from Echols dorm at 1:00 pm Saturday and return sometime Sunday morning. It takes about 30-45 minutes each way. I’ll have stuff for Hot dogs and a camping stove with utensils. All other food/drinks is up to you. The fee is for hot dogs and whatever personal snacks/drinks you bring. We’ll hike about one mile into the camping spot so keep that in mind when packing. It will be super cold so make sure to pack plenty of warm things. We should be able to start a fire. Following a very incomplete packing list.
1) Jacket(s) – bring multiple layers with a shell to shed rain just in case.
2) Hat – most heat escapes from your head.
3) gloves – you don’t want frostbite, it sucks, I’ve been there…
4) socks with plenty extra – Your socks will probably get wet so bring extras to change into while sleeping and hiking out.
5) boots/shoes – not hiking far but bring sturdy shoes that will be good on snow.
6) scarves/face mask?
7) non-cotton layers for both upper and lower.
Tent – the club should have gear room Thursday. (Make sure the tent has all the components) Let me know if you want to team up with someone else on this. I’ll put you in contact.
Sleeping bag – as warm as you can get. You might even double up the sleeping bags or add blankets/liners.
2) Water – it will be cold but bring anyways. We can heat some up for drinks.
That should be about it. Hope to see you this weekend!