Echols Dorm: Brick Wall By Side Door
It’s a special editiion humpday trip to Humpback! This is also waitlist relief for the Bearfence trip tomorrow if you’d like to see the super/blue/blood moon and sunrise all at once.
The hike is a somewhat steep 1 mile to the top. The skies look clear in the morning, so we’ll hope to catch the partial lunar eclipse before the moon dips below the horizon, then sunrise before scootin’ back to Cville.
Here’s our timetable:
– 5:40 depart Echols on time
– 6:15 start hiking
– 6:48 partial eclipse begins
– 7:20 moonset/sunrise
– 7:30 begin descent
– 8:30ish arrive back at Echols in time to hit those 9 ams
Things to bring:
– LAYERS/hat/gloves (we’ll be hanging out at 20-25 degrees for an hour and it will be COLD)
– sleeping bag/blankets whatever will maximize your warmth & your experience
– water (no club trip is complete without at least 2L it seems)
– solid shoes
– breakfast or snacks (I’ll bring at least a thermos of hot coffee)
I’ll drive and this trip was posted less than 24 hours before departure, so no reimbursements/fees apply. The next full lunar eclipse will be on July 27 this year, so save the date!