Cass Scenic Railroad State Park, West Virginia
Here’s the deal,
I was just a little late signing up for Llewellyn’s Snowshoe trip on December 12–14th and I wound up ten deep on the waitlist and that just won’t do. So I am setting up a supplemental trip for that weekend. I am booking a six-person cabin and as is par for the course squeezing eight people into it. That means that the top seven names on Llewellyn’s waitlist are coming with me. However, drivers get first priority. I need two drivers at least but three is better. There will be a couple of folks sleeping on the couches or the floor so bring a sleeping bag and camping pad (I slept on the floor a lot last year, it’s not so bad).
• We will leave from Bonnycastle Circle at 6:00 pm on Friday, December 12th. Arrive at Cass Scenic Railroad State Park around 8:30 or 9:00.
• Ski/Board Saturday
• Check out of the cabin on Sunday morning and then ski/board on Sunday before heading back around 5:00 pm or so.
WHAT THE CLUB COVERS:
• Gas money + 30% tip for drivers to cover the car wash.
• Food (breakfasts and dinners explicitly, though peanut butter and jelly or something will be available for lunches)
• $5 per night for lodging.
WHAT YOU NEED TO COVER:
• Money for lift tickets if you were boneheaded enough to not get a season pass. $55 per day.
• Money for gear rental if you need it. $30 per day. For season-long rentals check out Freestyle.
• Money for lunch in case you don’t like what’s provided.
• Lots of layers
• Waterproof jacket and pants
• Extra socks
I will cover the costs, total the expenses and get a check or cash from you in West Virginia. Be helpful and bring your checkbook on the trip (all you grownups have checkbooks, right?). I expect the lodging to be around $20. If we only wind up with six people it will be a little more, you know the drill.
So that’s it. If you didn’t make it into Ryan’s trip you have a second chance here.