Dell 1 Room 105
University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, USA
So you’re super stoked to get outside, and you can’t wait to SEND IT BRAH…..but… there’s a waitlist………oof………..yikes. Sad day.
The BEST way to get around waitlists and start adventuring whenever you want is to LEAD YOUR OWN TRIPS!!! Trip leaders are the backbone of this Club (no lie), and leading your own trips allows you to truly choose your own adventure around your own schedule. ***If you’re new to the out of doors, sweet! NO EXPERIENCE OR CAR NECESSARY ***
So come hang out with me and my lovely guest star, Burke **we ask that hold your applause until after the workshop please.** We’ll go through everything you need to become a Trip Leader with the Club. It’s so easy that you could do it, with your eyes closed….while patting your head….and rubbing your tummy….and hopping on one foot… and spinning around in circles……………you get the point.
WHY become a Trip Leader? (Psssh cuz it’s the best thing you could ever do in your whole entire life—duh)
– Get to hang out where you want and when you want with your fellow Outdoorsy friends
– Get to make (and leave others with) unforgettable memories
– Gain valuable leadership experience
– Lead 4 trips and get your dues fully reimbursed!!!
– Lead 3 trips and apply to be an officer!!!!
– Get reimbursed for Park passes and WFA certifications
– “Trip Leader” makes you sound super bad@$&
– Dell 1, Room 105
– YOU. Anyone in the club can lead trips! No experience necessary.
– Technically, to become a trip leader, you can also read the Trip Leader’s Manual on our website: https://outdoorsatuva.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/uvao_leaders-manual-131116.pdf. Then, you can email the officers saying you’ve done so and would like trip leader privileges. But, the workshop is an easy alternative that allows for questions and hanging out. Also, the officers leading this workshop are seasoned, battle-scarred, and grizzly veteran trip leaders with lots of tips and advice — come and we shall bestow wisdom upon thou.
-your lovely selves 🙂
-any questions ya got
-ummmm, tips in the form of cookies or hugs?
Yup. See ya there.