Behold, the most gratuitous hike! “Hike” less than a mile total to enjoy a panoramic sunset at one of my favorite spots in the SNP. We’ll hang out, take a group photo, watch the sunset, and start the weekend right.
Some nitties, some gritties:
4 pm – depart from Bonnycastle Circle
5 pm – arrive at trailhead
5:30 pm – dat sunset
6:00 pm – leave summit
7:30 pm – back in cville
What to bring:
– $5 cash for park entrance
– water bottle
– headlamp/flashlight (phone light will suffice)
– hiking shoes (sneakers are fine)
– warm layers (you will be sitting still outside in freezing temps)
– car (for waitlist priority) (arrive with full tank of gas for reimbursement eligibility)
Note: I can only seat 3-4, so more spots will open up as drivers sign up for this trip. The club provides reimbursement for gas plus 50% tip.