Since I have a confirmed vehicle to transport gear with the possibility of more transport space, I am extending the sign-up deadline for a couple of reasons. One is to allow an extra driver to sign up. You do not have to carry gear, only people. If you feel comfortable with that and can only do Snowshoe for a day feel free to sign on by Wednesday. The second reason to extend is that it allows people taken off the waitlist today to change their minds in case they thought this would not go forward. So for anyone still wanting a day trip to Snowshoe, there is still a chance….
Do you want to go to Snowshoe but not enough time is available for cramming that Monday morning exam while away for the weekend? I have things on Sunday I should do so I’ve decided to try for a day trip to Snowshoe. There are already 2 weekend trips going on so we should have plenty of folks on the slopes.
We will be leaving at 6 am sharp on Saturday, December 6th. We should arrive at the mountain by 9 am, be able to ski all day, and head back when the lifts close at 4 pm. We should be back to UVA around 7 so you can still cram for that exam.
The trip fee will be a whopping total of $0 if you have your own gear and snowshoe season pass. If not, you are responsible for providing yourself with rentals ($30) and a lift ticket ($55). Also, even though gas is paid for, bring some cash for meals. If you need rentals, I might be able to help you out with some deals that may be less than $30.
I need drivers who can transport skis/boards. Maximum number of attendees will be based on how many cars we can get. I will waitlist everyone until more drivers sign up. Note that the deadline is about a week before the trip.