Echols Dorm: Brick Wall By Side Door
White Oak Canyon Trail
This event has been adjusted for the weather.
Trip supports 2 more participants.
Take note of departure time on Saturday morning @ 8 AM.
WHAT WE’RE GONNA DO:
1) Drive from UVA to White Oak Canyon lower lot*
2) Ascend the White Oak Canyon trail and traverse the SNP ridge.
3) Descend the Cedar Run trail.
4) Slip some natural water-slides and/or cliff-jump, water level permitting. You assume full risk for yourself if you chose to participate in this portion of the trip.**
5) Visit a local vineyard and have a tasting at the winery, if you like. Allow $10 for a tasting.
6) Get back to UVA
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING:
– Food (enough for 8 hours of moderate to heavy activity)
– Water (2L) in bladder or bottles
– Hiker equipment (sturdy footwear, wind/rain jacket)
– Water-slide gear (change of clothes, courage)
It is your responsibility to bring all the items above.
WE WILL BE SHARING THE FOLLOWING GROUP GEAR FOR THE HIKE:
– H20 purification
– First aid kit