Echols Dorm: Brick Wall By Side Door
Wanna test out all those cool socks you got for the holidays?? Come join me for a backpacking adventure to three ridges!!
Three Ridges is a beautiful loop that is about 15 miles long with some breathtaking views. It has some nice climbs and a long descent. More information can be found at https://www.hikingupward.com/GWNF/ThreeRidges/
~~ The Plan ~~
Meet at 9am and drive out to the trail head. From there we will hike ~7 miles and camp near Campbell Creek Shelter which is just off the AT. This should give us plenty of time for lunch, stops, snacks, more snacks, and cooking dinner.
The next morning we will wake up early (probably around sunrise) and hike another ~7 miles back to the car. We should finish sometime after lunch
This trip is great for beginners! I can help with all campsite activities, packing, and the loop is not terribly challenging.
So, you might be wondering “What about snow?” … well, if it snows we are still going! But I’m not a fan of freezing rain
~~ Rundown ~~
– 9:00am: Meet at Echols
– 10:00am: Arrive at Three Ridges
~ 12:00pm: Lunch!!
~ 4:20pm: Arrive at camp
– Sunrise: wake up
– Lunchtimeish: arrive back at car
– 1hr after lunchtimeish: arrive back at cville, no later than 4pm
~~ Watcha need ~~
– Backpacking backpacking
– WARM clothes
– Sleeping bag
– Sleeping pad
– Water 2-4l of capacity
– Food: Two lunches, a dinner, and a breakfast
~~ What I will have for you ~~
– Water filter
– Stove for boiling Water
– Tents checked out that will be spread across everyone, leave some room in your pack!
Check out this doc for gear, its a lot easier
~~ Drivers ~~
– We love and need your (car) driving ability!
– Club pays for gas + 50% tip! (must have a full tank when we leave) 🙂